Saturday 31 March 2018

Coloured Lighting | Major Project | Year 3

I've been testing some coloured lighting on my model collection to try and remove the 'dystopian feel' that the white/greyish renders were giving it. Originally the testing didn't go to plan and I pretty quickly had a steep learning curve with the new Arnold lighting system as spotlights did the very opposite thing that I wanted them to do.

I tried adding a blue spotlight above the horses. This strangely dyed everything else in the scene blue other than the horses! The next 15 renders and lighting tests all looked very similar too no matter what I tried and the horses still didn't appear to like coloured lights. Eventually, I had to settle for some tests with an overly large directional light that coloured the entire scene. These, in turn, gave me an opportunity to blend or merge 2 different ones together in photoshop. 

Orignial lighting test with blue spot light.


Red lighting

Steel grey lighting

Steel blue lighting

Peach and light blue merged render

White and peach merged render

No comments:

Post a Comment