Wednesday, 6 December 2017
Friday, 24 November 2017
Thursday, 23 November 2017
Here is a late response to my kits that I sent out. This drawing is by Layla (aged 7) and I've been told I'm not allowed to remove the smudges as "they are part of it!"
Her world includes:
- Portals with parking spaces (you park your spaceship on the roof)
- Another portal that leads anywhere but its favourite is the beach. Portals all lead to different places
- House floating - can land on platform
- Robot pet shop. Sells all pets as robots and some are radioactive and glow in the dark.
- Disco trampoline changes lights with each bounce.
- Light up pool (mood lighting) Comes with a calm pool for if you've had an angry swim.
Her responses to the questions are as follows:
What does your home look like? - intergalactic!
How are you cooking your dinner? - Ultra violet combined with gamma rays
How are you watching TV? - EVERYWHERE
What is your mode of transport? - Levitating
What are you/your children playing with? - BIG robots and bouncy slide
Describe your garden/outdoor space - Blue grass that glows in the dark with light up flowers
What can you see from your window - space ships
What is the year 2500 like to live in?
Wednesday, 22 November 2017
These are some of the double page spreads from my Art Of. I've tried to include everyones responses that I had for every question even if its just a written response. These aren't the cleanest but I'm hoping by the January deadline that I would have had some more responses back which I can then include.
Monday, 13 November 2017
I've begun to take peoples drawings and convert them into basic Maya models. This is not only to get the shapes right and to start getting a range of them converted but to allow me to experiment with textures and lighting techniques.
The plastic cup is a brilliant example. Just by adding a realistic glass/plastic texture to the piece, it really adds a new dimension. I also want to find a way to add a black outline over the piece to tie it to the original drawings. If possible I'm hoping to use the original drawing over the top but I'm not sure how easy this would be.